Sr. Legal Counsel and Drafting Specialist
د ختمیدو تاریخ
Number of vacancies: (1)
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment. It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and accountable fiscal regime.
Research, review and analysis of the legislative documents, initiating and drafting the required regulations, procedures in accordance with the need and goals of the MoMP in order to develop an effective and sustainable legal framework for the mining and hydrocarbons sectors.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Research, review, analysis and comparative study of the relevant legislative document and provision of its outcome in the form of recommendations to the relevant authorities to initiate, draft, amend and develop the laws, regulations, procedures, contracts, and other relevant legal documents.
- Draft the required legal documents in order to enrich the legal regime for the hydrocarbons and mining sectors in the country.
- Draft letters and response letters related to the Afghanistan Gas Project (AGASP) to all the stakeholders and also assist the General Directorate of Hydrocarbons Resources (GDHR) in drafting letters.
- Assessment and review of the legal aspect of the contracts prior and post of its execution, review of the referred reports regarding the contracting companies’ obligations.
- Provision of the necessary advises regarding the proposed amendments, addition, omission and substitution of the MoMP’s relevant regulations, procedures as directed by the MoMP leadership,
- Provision of legal and professional advises regarding the effectively implementation and achievement of the mining sectors goals according to the laws and regulations,
- Participation in the meeting of MoJ’s legislative committee on behalf of MoMP,
- Provision of the required legal advises regarding the initiation of the relevant procures for the use of underground water, use of explosive materials in mining extraction, environment, affairs related to social development, local community and other relevant procedures, considering the best national and international practice,
- Sending and tracking the proposed amendments and the drafted laws and regulation related to the mining sector to MoJ for the purpose of scrutiny and further process,
- Preparation and sorting out the primary draft of the required agreements and contracts, review and assessment of agreements, contracts and other required legislative documents for mining sector to be executed with other interested countries in accordance with international best practice and norms.
- Provision of the necessary advises regarding the processes and execution of the proposed treaties for MoMPs minerals section and other interested countries,
- Development of the model contract for the mining and hydrocarbons sectors,
- Provision of legal and professional advises in order to implement the planned activities and to achieve the targeted goals,
- Provide the necessary support and on job assistance to the legal team in order to build their capacities,
- Recruitment Qualifications and Core Competencies:
Master’s degree or bachelor’s degree in Law, Islamic Jurisprudence, with master’s degree 4 years and with bachelor’s degree 6 years of relevant work experience.
- Needed skills:
- Proven management experience, with sound knowledge and experience in all aspects of project cycle (design, implementation, monitoring & evaluation).
- Proven research, analysis and review of national legislation and strategic studies skills.
- Commitment to gender equality and ethnical diversity.
- Proven experience in partnership building and networking.
- Capacity to work under pressure, manage stress and adapt to rapidly evolving situations.
- Sound time management and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Team player, self-motivated, dedicated, creative, resourceful, flexible, energetic with sound judgment, and ability to work with external donor relations and funding partners.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment with sound understanding and capability to empower and develop the capacity of national counterparts.
- Excellent knowledge of Dari/Pashto and English languages and must be able to communicate fluently in English.
- Excellent computer and presentation skills, with MS. Office (Word, Excel, Power Point).
Applicants are requested to submit a complete application package which must include all required documents (provided below) to email@example.com
Your email subject must be: MoMP/AGASP/ Sr. Legal Counsel and Drafting Specialist
A current resume or curriculum vitae - Education Certificate.
Note: IN ORDER TO HAVE YOUR APPLICATION CONSIDERED, YOU MUST SUBMIT ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS, MENTIONING THE SUBJECT LINE. IF YOU OMIT ANY OF THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS, COVER PAGE, CV. YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Human Resources Department, Development Projects HR Unit, 4th floor, Main Building Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP), Abdul Haq Square.
For more information, please contact Kh. Abdul Naim Latifi (Development projects HR coordinator)
Contact No: +93700162526