Sr. Technical Mining Specialist
End date: 25 May 2022
Number of vacancies: (1)
Salary Scale: NTA
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment. It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and accountable fiscal regime.
Scope of Work:
Senior Technical Mining Specialist is responsible to Provide technical support and advice to the Tendering Directorate to enable the preparation of tendering documents (EoIs, PQQ and NDA). Provide facilitation in Preparation of geological data to bidders.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Prepare deposit quantity and quality estimates and other reports summarizing inputs from the Afghanistan Geological Survey as well as the results of field studies and follow up laboratory studies.
- Make recommendations to the Director on potential largescale deposits that may be considered for international tender.
- Provide reports, information and advice to the Large Scale Mining Department to enable the preparation of tendering documents, when required
- Ensure that data entered into database is accurate and consistent.
- Technical data analysis of large scale mining Project and generate a comprehensive report.
- Create and manage the process for project development and launching the tenders for large scale Mineral Projects
- Developing Bidding Documents (EoIs, PQQ, NDA , RFP, and Model Contract) for large scale Mining projects.
- Assessment of EoIs, RFPs, PQQ and proposals (from technical point of view) in full compliance with Minerals Law, Regulations of Mineral Processing.
- Actively work to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders including government agencies, regional bodies, key industries and business organizations.
- Provide technical assistance to the negotiation team in order to protect the interests of GoIRA.
- Conduct capacity building activities (training, events, mentoring, coaching, policy dialogue) for civil servants to build their capacity.
- Providing facilitation in Preparation of geological data to bidders
- Any other activities as assigned by supervisor according to laws and regulations
Recruitment Qualifications and Core Competencies:
A Master degree, in Mining Engineering or similar subject with 5 years relevant experience in related fields
- Needed skills:
- Supervision of Junior staff
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to summarize disparate information in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent research and data collection methodology skills
- Ability to create organizational work plans based on higherlevel goals
- Ability to lead and coordinate multiple offices through multiple step processes without being a direct supervisor (although appropriate authority will be given).
- Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated experience in the use of training and information dissemination to transfer concepts and skills in the public and private sectors
- Selfmotivating, reliable, consistent and mature approach to work
- Able to work independently and in teams Self-motivated with a drive for results, improvement and innovation
- Excellent knowledge of Dari/Pashto and English languages and must be able to communicate fluently in English.
- Excellent computer and presentation skills, with MS. Office (Word, Excel, Power Point).
Applicants are requested to submit a complete application package which must include all required documents (provided below) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your email subject must be: MoMP/PSU/Sr. Technical Mining Specialist
A current resume or curriculum vitae.
Note: In order to have your application considered, you must submit all required documents, mentioning the subject line. If you omit any of the required documents, cover page, cv. Your application will not be considered.
Human Resources Department, Development Projects HR Unit, first floor, Main Building Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP), Abdul Haq Square.
For more information, please contact +93785744742