Re- Announce Consultancy Services to prepare 7th AEITI Report
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – FIRMS SELECTION)
Project Name: Afghanistan Gas Project (AGASP)
Project ID: P172109
Grant No.: D5210-AF
Assignment Title: Consultancy Services to prepare 7th AEITI Report.
Reference No: AF-MOMP-AEITI-155391-CS-CQS
Contract Duration: 6/months after signing the contract.
The Ministry of Mines & Petroleum has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Afghanistan Gas Project, (AGASP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include On behalf of GOIRA and the AEITI MSG, the AEITI seeks a competent and credible firm, free from conflicts of interest, to provide Independent Administrator services in accordance with the EITI Standard. The services are expected to be delivered with a total duration of 6 months.
- Produce a limited scoping study to inform the MSG’s decision on the scope of the seventh AEITI Report for the Fiscal Year 1397-1398 (2017/18-2018/19);
- Produce the seventh EITI Report for the Fiscal Year 1397-1398 (2017/18-2018/19), in accordance with the EITI Standard 2019, and Section 3 of these ToRs; and
- While fulfilling the above two objectives, ensure maximum impact of AEITI implementation, including by reviewing progress against the corrective actions and recommendations from the previous reports.
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment are attached to this request for expressions of interest.
The Ministry of Mines & Petroleum now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The Consultant should be registered legal entity and should have a business in providing Consultancy Services of similar or related assignments (The consultant is required to provide the Copy of Certificate of Incorporation issued by the relevant authority in the country of establishment)
The shortlisting criteria are:
- Expertise and experience in the Oil, Gas, & Mining Sectors in Afghanistan or any other EITI countries is desirable.
- A minimum of 3 years Expertise in accounting, auditing and financial analysis.
- A track record in similar work. Experience as an EITI Independent Administrator or work of a similar nature, the consultant shall provide proven experience for completed a minimum of one contract with the value of USD 100,000 (One Hundred Thousand US Dollar) having executed during last 5 years of similar nature, which should showcase the expertise/ strength of the consultant for undertaking such assignments
- The Consultant shall demonstrate having sound financial standing by submitting audited financial reports or any other credible financial documents for the last 5 years, where the consultant’s turnover for any of the last 5 years should be USD 120,000 (One Hundred and twenty Thousand US Dollar)
The Expression of Interest shall be in English language.
Key Experts will not be evaluated at the shortlisting stage
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016 revised Nov 2017 & August 2018 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Guidance Note for JV and Sub-Consultants:
Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance their qualifications, but should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a joint venture and/or a sub-consultancy. In the case of a joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected &.
- In case of JV, both the lead and partners shall meet all the requirement indicated above.
- In case of Consultant who intends to associate with other firm(s) in the form of a sub consultancy, the lead partner shall provide valid reason for proposing a sub-consultant.
Note: The Consultant should explain the exact role played by the Consultant in the assignment if the assignment was carried out in association/sub-consultancy with other firms as JV
Method of Selection
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the CQS method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
Submission of EOI
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours. 0800 to 13:00 hours.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by e-mail) by 08-April-2020, at 10:00AM, Kabul local time.
Ministry of Mines & Petroleum
Attn: Dr. Mohammad Nasim Karimy
Sr. Procurement Specialist.
Shaheed Abdul Haq square, Kabul, Afghanistan
Tel: +93 (0) 79 874 0538, 799 671442