Provincial Relations Senior Specialist
About Ministry of Mines & Petroleum:
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment. It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum has number of development projects which are setting up, supporting and monitoring through the PSU Directorate within the Ministry of Mines & Petroleum.
1. Develop an action plan based on the job description.
2. Establish clear and sound coordination mechanisms for the MOMP Provincial Directorate and other projects as requested;
3. Coordinate and liaise with MOMP provincial Directors and projects managers on a regular basis to ensure that identified objectives and activities are accomplished;
4. In coordination with the MOMP Provincial Directorates, provide regular progress reports on the MOMP activities to the MOMP senior management and other relevant stakeholders, and develop recommendations to address/anticipate problems, avoid duplications and improve future activities;
5. Ensure that lessons learned during project implementation are shared with the MOMP senior management and other key stakeholders;
6. Ensure that MOMP directorate’s and projects progress reports and documents are complete, updated and archived appropriately;
7. Collect, analyze and disseminate data received from provincial offices to other relevant departments;
8. In coordination with the Provincial Directors, assist the Minister and deputy ministers in ensuring the sustainability of coordination among MOMP projects implemented at the provincial level;
9. Travel to provinces and field visits as required;
10.Contribute to regular progress reports, monitoring and evaluation, studies and success stories as required;
11.Develop communication and knowledge management products and a sustainable system for the development thereof to share information and knowledge among the MOMP directorates and projects;
12.Train the civil service employees of provincial coordination directorate on professional communication and outreach;
13.Perform other duties as required to facilitate communication at the provincial level.
14.Other tasks and duties assigned by MoMP authorities.
Bachelor degree in Business Administration, public relations, journalism or other related fields with at least 7 years of relevant experience. Having 7 Years of Experience with Bachelor Degree and 5 Years of Experience with Master’s Degree.
Knowledge of the local governance system at the provincial and district level and previous experience in this area is an advantage.
Excellent communication and information skills; excellent
drafting skills in one of the state languages; computer skills (especially MS
Word and PowerPoint). Knowledge of MS publisher or other publishing software is
Ability to communicate in English is required, fluency in
both state languages mandatory
Submission Guidelines:Expressions of interest (including CV and three references in word file) should be sent to the email address below by no later than 15/April/ 2019 at 16:00 hrs. MoMP/PSU Provincial Relation Sr. Specialist Kabul must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest.
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, Project Support Unit (PSU)
Attention: Development Projects HR Unit, 4th floor, Main Building, Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP), at Abdul Haq Square.
Ahmad Siar Najib, Projects HR Expert
Phone: 0093 784 84 6000
Female Candidates are highly encourage to participate.