Senior Contracts Legal Specialist
Contract: one Year
Salary Scale: NTA
Report to : General Directorate of Hydrocarbons
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment. It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and accountable fiscal regime.
The incumbent will undertake the following functions:
- Review and analysis of the agreements/contracts related to the hydrocarbon’s licenses, gas sales licenses and mining contracts and provision of specific advices in accordance with the applicable legislative documents.
- Providing special focus to the legal matters related to the Hydrocarbons activities including but not limited to the agreements, procurement processes, Gas Sales and Purchase Agreements, Power Purchase Agreements, Agency Reimbursement agreement, MoUs.
- Resolution of all the issues related to violation of the term of contract, agreements based on relevant legal documents.
- Participation in the legal dispute resolution meetings between license & hydrocarbons cession holders and relevant authorities on behalf of MoMP.
- Provision of legal advises and necessary recommendations in term of processing, signing, extension, amendments, revocation, indemnity and compensation and all other issues related to contracts, agreements, service contracts, MoUs, protocols etc.
- Review and study of contracts, agreements, MoUs, and protocols to ensure they are in favor of the government and MoMP and identify the drawbacks and shortcomings in these and take necessary steps to modify and amend these until completion.
- Draft and review any contract/ agreement signed by the MoMP with any institutions outside the MoMP.
- Provision of legal advises and incorporating those advises regarding the contracts, agreements and protocols which are going to be signed between MoMP and governmental administration & NGOs.
- Participation in the contracts granting process.
- Provision of legal advises in term of addressing the existing gaps and flaws in the contracts, agreements, MoUs, protocols etc.
- Provision of explanatory information about legal documents, enforced commercial and investment guidelines related to mining and Hydrocarbon sectors.
- Assessment of the concession and license holder’s obligations and commitments for the purpose of amendment, extension or variation of the term of their contracts or license as per their request.
- Participation and provision of legal support to the members of negotiating committee regarding the term and conditions related to royalty, land surface rent and all other payment obligation of the preferred bidder or reserved bidder in the light of applicable legislative documents, procedures, and bidding terms.
- Provision of necessary legal recommendations to the members of negotiating committee regarding the changes in the model contracts terms, incorporation of those recommendations and participation in the negotiations.
- Review and study of the legal documents and reports of the challenges and problems arising out of implementation of the contracts in accordance with applicable commercial& investment laws.
- Participation in the process of bid opening and evaluation of contracts and procurement projects.
- Development and translation of the model contracts related to the hydrocarbons and mining sectors.
- Identification of the existing legal issues and conduct of the required research and provision of advises and recommendation in order to draft policies, procedures law & regulation amendments if necessary.
- Provision of legal responses to all letters and questions of the MoMP relevant departments and letters of the other stakeholders, costumers, service providers etc.
- Provision of legal advices to director of legal service department when needed.
Recruitment Qualifications and Core Competencies:
Master’s degree or bachelor’s degree in Law, Islamic Jurisprudence, with Master’s degree 5 years and with Bachelor’s degree 7 years of relevant work experience.
- Proven management experience, with sound knowledge and experience in all aspects of project cycle (design, implementation, monitoring & evaluation).
- Proven research, analysis and review of national legislation and strategic studies skills.
- Commitment to gender equality and ethnical diversity.
- Proven experience in partnership building and networking.
- Capacity to work under pressure, manage stress and adapt to rapidly evolving situations.
- Sound time management and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Team player, self-motivated, dedicated, creative, resourceful, flexible, energetic with sound judgment, and ability to work with external donor relations and funding partners.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment with sound understanding and capability to empower and develop the capacity of national counterparts.
- Excellent knowledge of Dari/Pashto and English languages and must be able to communicate fluently in English.
- Excellent computer and presentation skills, with MS. Office (Word, Excel, Power Point).
Applicants are requested to submit a complete application package which must include all required documents (provided below) to Recruitement.firstname.lastname@example.org
Your email subject must be: PSU-MoMP Senior Contracts Legal Specialist
A current resume or curriculum vitae.
Note: In order to have your application considered, you must submit all required documents, mentioning the subject line. If you omit any of the required documents, cover page, cv. Your application will not be considered.
Human Resources Department, Development Projects HR Unit, first floor, Main Building Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP), Abdul Haq Square.
For more information, please contact +93786060202