Hydrocarbon Economic Specialist
End date: 25 May 2022
Number of vacancies: (2)
Salary Scale: NTA
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment. It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and accountable fiscal regime.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Ensuring contract compliance, particularly the economic aspects of the hydrocarbon operations
- Ensuring contractors activities are incompliance with national economic policies i.e. local employment, local products prioritization etc
- Analyze economic impacts and potential outcomes of the hydrocarbon operations.
- Analyze all technical and economic data and recommend changes if required
- Assist Ministry of Finance team on collection, classification and reconciliation of project revenues and funding national budget
- Ensure timely revenue collection from the contractors and coordinate banking payments
- Prepare and timely communicate invoices for all obligations of contractors under EPSC.
- Assist contract finance specialist on any economic matters related to oil prices and contract’s sub contracts
- Review and analyze the work program and work program and budget (WP&B)
- Arrange and lead WP&B meetings.
- Prepare, accumulate and summarize WP&B meeting minutes.
- Compare the actual expenditures during the reporting period with the approved budget for t identifying variances.
- Any other task assigned
Recruitment Qualifications and Core Competencies:
Master’s degree in Economic and related field with 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Supervision of Junior staff
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to summarize disparate information in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to create organizational work plans based on higherlevel goals
- Ability to lead and coordinate multiple offices through multiple step processes without being a direct supervisor (although appropriate authority will be given).
- Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated experience in the use of training and information dissemination to transfer concepts and skills in the public and private sectors
- Selfmotivating, reliable, consistent and mature approach to work
- Able to work independently and in teams Self-motivated with a drive for results, improvement and innovation
- Excellent knowledge of Dari/Pashto and English languages and must be able to communicate fluently in English.
- Excellent computer and presentation skills, with MS. Office (Word, Excel, Power Point).
Applicants are requested to submit a complete application package which must include all required documents (provided below) to email@example.com
Your email subject must be: MoMP//PSU/ Hydrocarbon Economic Specialist
A current resume or curriculum vitae.
Note: In order to have your application considered, you must submit all required documents, mentioning the subject line. If you omit any of the required documents, cover page, cv. Your application will not be considered.
Human Resources Department, Development Projects HR Unit, first floor, Main Building Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP), Abdul Haq Square.
For more information, please contact +93785744742