Senior Hydrocarbons Development Specialist for MoMP (2)
Contract: one Year
Salary Scale: NTA
Report to : General Directorate of Hydrocarbons
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all hydrocarbons resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment.
It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum has number of development projects which are setting up, supporting and monitoring through the PSU Directorate within the Ministry of Mines & Petroleum. The General Directorate of Hydrocarbons is now seeking well qualified individual for the position of Hydrocarbons Development Specialist to work in G.D.H Project at MoMP.
Under the Direct Supervision of G.D.H, Hydrocarbons Development Specialist is responsible for the functions related to Act as an approving authority for G.D.H related matters. Responsible for the overall performance of the G.D.H related activities. Supervise the day to day implementation of the project and report to the senior officials in MOMP.Monitor the day-to-day functioning of the project team. Manage the human and financial resources for achieving results in line with the outputs and activities outlined in the project document and grant agreement.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Act as an approving authority for General Hydrocarbons Directorate related matters.
• Responsible for the overall performance of the Hydrocarbons related activities.
• Supervise the day-to-day implementation of the project and report to the senior officials in MOMP.
• Monitor the day-to-day functioning of the project team. Manage the human and financial resources for achieving results in line with the outputs and activities outlined in the project document and grant agreement.
• Serve as the point of contact with MoF, donors and other stakeholders related to the project activities.
• Develop an appropriate project performance and monitoring system for successful implementation of the project and development of Public Private Partnership Legal, Financial and Technical Documents.
• Monitor the activities of consulting agencies and make sure that everything is in progress according to the deadlines and action plans.
• Responses to enquires and correspondences related to the project and provide appropriate /required information to MoMP, MoF, donors and other organizations.
• Develop project action plan and assign / coordinate with project staff for its due implementation.
• Prepare and finalize project monthly portfolio reports and submit it to donors for approval.
• Efficiently manage all financial, material and human resource assets of the project, ensure that activities have sufficient funding
• Review and finalize annual project reports related to the project and submit it to MoMP top management.
• Review and approve project procurement plans and provide updates to MoMP, MoF.
• Review and finalize project completion report and submit it to MoMP for necessary actions
• Ensure transfers knowledge and skills to other individuals and working teams in an effective regular manner in order to improve technical ability, motivation and confidence.
• Arrange for and attend the project related meetings.
• Perform any other assigned tasks.
• Identify and define technical and administrative problems, identify and evaluate alternative solutions, and select and implement the best alternative
• Prepare plan correction reports
• Review proposed projects to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
• Communicate effectively in oral and written form
• Bachelor’s Degree in Geology, Engineering, or related studies 7 years relevant experience Master’s. 5 years relevant experience
• Degree or Certificate in Project Management a distinct advantage.
• Extensive working experience in dealing with various reports and information analysis a distinct advantage
• Experience preparing reports to donors and clients, and coordinating the compliance to grant requirements an asset
• Experience in monitoring, control and evaluation of projects or any other project in Afghanistan or similar developing countries highly desirable
• Excellent command of both oral and written English
• Good communication (verbal and written) and strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team.
• Have excellent analytical, and writing skills
• Be results oriented and able to meet strict timelines for outputs
• Be able and willing to travel and work in remote areas in challenging circumstance
• Be a self-motivated, versatile and adaptable to different cultures and people
• Good working knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel), email/internet, ability to operate other Information
• Competent in the use of computers and standard computer software
Applicants are requested to submit a complete application package which must include all required documents (provided below) to Recruitement.firstname.lastname@example.org
Your email subject must be: PSU-MoMP Senior Hydrocarbons Development Specialist for MoMP (2)
A current resume or curriculum vitae.
Note: In order to have your application considered, you must submit all required documents, mentioning the subject line. If you omit any of the required documents, cover page, cv. Your application will not be considered.
Human Resources Department, Development Projects HR Unit, first floor, Main Building Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP), Abdul Haq Square.
For more information, please contact +93786060202