Senior Financial Analyst
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP):
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment. It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
The Turkmenistan- Afghanistan- Pakistan- India (TAPI) Gas Pipeline project aims to export up to 33 billion cubic meters of natural gas per year through a proposed, approximately 1,800 km pipeline from Turkmenistan to Afghanistan, Pakistan, and India.
The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum through the TAPI Project Coordination Office, works closely with all stakeholders to prepare policies and other relevant documents to speed-up and pave the way for better coordination and implementation of TAPI Gas Pipeline Project activities inside Afghanistan, and represents the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan in all TAPI Gas Pipeline Project related meetings/events.
The Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for conducting complex financial analysis to support the TAPI Project Coordination Office with the business plan evaluations, and prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports
He/she should have strong command on reporting methods, ability to conduct research studies, ability to gather and analyze financial data and present findings, ability to formulate policies and procedures relevant to project areas based on information of a conceptual nature from varied and complex sources.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible at the minimum level for performing the following duties/functions:
• Prepare/perform financial reports, project analysis, and financial models;
• Analyze corporate financial information and prepare complex financial models to analyze the data;
• Prepare and perform revenue/tax calculations;
• Explore investment options in the gas and energy sectors, and present risk and opportunities;
• Conduct evaluations of investment proposals/business plans using appropriate corporate financial tools;
• Conduct case studies for investment projects where appropriate;
• Evaluate the performance of state-owned corporations and make suggestions to improve their financial planning and performance;
• Communicate with relevant government and private sector entities, and prepare reports/plans;
• Establish financial policies and procedures for the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum;
• Liaise with the relevant organizations to discuss any unclear points of related issues;
• Record/file all the documents and information of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum.
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related fields with 7 years of working experience and 5 years of relevant professional experience with the holders of Master's degree in related field. Preference will be given to the candidates with additional years of experience.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Expression of interest (including CV and three references with official email addresses in word file) should be sent to the email addresses below by no later than September 19, 2020 at at 04:00 pm.
Applicants must mention below underlined reference in the subject line of their emails, if not, the candidate application will not be considered.
Senior Financial Analyst MoMP/PSU/TAPI9520
Attention: Shafiqur Rahman Qaseri, Projects HR Coordinator
+93 (0) 783130104