Contract Management Specialist
No of Vacancies:
Contract Management Specialist
As per NTA salary scale
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum:
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all hydrocarbons resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment.
It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum has number of development projects which are setting up, supporting and monitoring through the PSU Directorate within the Ministry of Mines & Petroleum. The General Directorate of Hydrocarbons is now seeking well qualified individual for the position of Hydrocarbons Development Specialist to work in G.D.H Project at MoMP.
Task & Responsibilities:
- Preparation and sorting out the primary draft of the required agreements and contracts, review and assessment of agreements, contract and other required legislative documents for mining sector to be executed with other interested countries in accordance with international best practice and norms.
- Model and work plan for the contracts.
- Contract management plan and policies.
- Implementation terms and condition of contracts.
- Provision of the necessary advises regarding the proposed amendments, addition, omission and substitution of the MoMP’s relevant laws, regulations and procedures for minerals contracts.
- Negotiation with all stakeholders of contract.
- Coordination of work activities with other related units within ministry in order to complete implementation and get the desired result.
- Arranging of seminar and training session for all for all stakeholders of contract.
- Executing other duties related to the duties entrusted by the authorities in accordance with the laws, regulation and goals of the ministry.
- Adapting the goals and program of the Cadastre directorate according to the ministry of mines petroleum.
- Provide the necessary support and on job assistance to the legal team in order to build their capacities.
- Manage relationship with investors, finding new investors and maintain correspondence with investors on behalf of an administration.
MoMP is looking to recruit a Contract Management Specialist with extensive experience in all aspects of contract-related activities. He should be capable of independently handling all contractual aspects of major projects and updated knowledge of international and domestic contract management and contract law. He will also have to prepare comparisons of various contractors and help the tender committee to award the contract. The Contract Manager will be responsible for providing all necessary assistance to the maintenance team concerning the entire contract management of activities and Coordination related activities of the projects that is aligned with both the Ministry needs and the regional/international standards. He must directly report to the Consultant /Project Manager of the team.
Skills & Competencies:
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Preferably, fully conversant with the standard forms of Contracts; demonstrate in-depth knowledge of current planning techniques and sequences of project-related activities;
- Demonstrate experience in supervising projects at all stages and providing solutions to problems;
- Know the process of reviewing and approval of the submitted work program by the contractor as well as monitoring the work progress.
- Know how to assess and forecast project progress and performance against the established accepted/amended work schedule with critical milestones;
- Able to use the latest version of Primavera Contract Management.
- Able to develop and update schedules, create reports and provide analysis using Microsoft Project and Primavera;
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic team player with a strong desire to succeed; able to manage conflicting priorities; and demonstrate leadership in handling and working with multidisciplinary teams.
- Master’s degree in law, management or related field,
- Having Work experience on contract management and procurement in projects.
- Experience in contracts assessment and management.
- Excellent command of both oral and written Pashtu /Dari /English.
- Good communication (verbal and written) and strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team.
- Have excellent analytical, and writing skills.
- Good analytical, negotiating, communication and advocacy, and report writing skills are required.
- Be results oriented and able to meet strict timelines for outputs.
- Be able and willing to travel and work in remote areas in challenging circumstance.
- Be a self-motivated, versatile and adaptable to different cultures and people.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel), email/internet, ability to operate other Information.
- Competent in the use of computers and standard computer software.
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to the email address below not later than 21/08 2023 at 16:00pm. Please write in subject line: “Contract Management Specialist, MoMP”.
Note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.