Technical Advisor for MoMP/AGS
About Ministry of Mines & Petroleum:
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment. It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum has number of development projects which are setting up, supporting and monitoring through the PSU Directorate within the Ministry of Mines & Petroleum.
1. Develop an action plan based on job description.
2. All precious and Semi precious stones which are exported and traded by the national and international businessmen inside the county or outside the country are identified and priced by the committee and also the royalty fees is paid to the ministry of mines and petroleum
3. Participation with the committee in the Ministry of Mine reporting according to the contract in order to continuously evaluate
4. Participation in all necessary internal and external technical meetings of Ministry of Mine
5. Technical Advising to AGS all Directorates
6. Identification of jewels samples brought from the local area
7. Participation in designing plan and policy according to the laws and regulations
8. Cooperation and advising technical proposals in order to direct programs of Mines for the extraction
9. Advice on enrichment goals of AGS.
10. Technical advisor will be provide necessary advice to Geological problems to the AGS and mining companies
11. Technical advisor will be required to travel to the extraction areas of mining in provinces and he will also be required to prepare report and submitted to AGS.
12. Active Participation in meetings and educational, technical seminars inside and outside the AGS.
13. Provide other advice and duties requested from AGS Director.
14. Any other tasks assigned by the direct manager according to law and regulations.
University degree in Mines and Geology and Petroleum Geology or related subject; Master’s preferable.
Minimum 7 years’ experience to bachelor and 5 years to master in related field.
Contract tracking and management systems.
Ability of Training processes and techniques.
Supervisory practices, principles, and methods.
Maintaining an established work schedule.
Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
Able to produce reports and other standards documents up to a professional standard Fluency in English (written and spoken), Pashto and Dari, local language proficiency is desirable.
Submission Guidelines:Expressions of interest (including CV and three references in word file) should be sent to the email address below by no later than 08/April/ 2019 at 16:00 hrs. MoMP/PSU/AGS-Technical Advisor Kabul must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest.
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, Project Support Unit (PSU)
Attention: Development Projects HR Unit, 4th floor, Main Building, Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP), at Abdul Haq Square.
Ahmad Siar Najib, Projects HR Expert
Phone: 0093 784 84 6000
Female Candidates are highly encourage to participate.