SENOIR ECONOMIC SPECIALIST
د ختمیدو تاریخ
No of Vacancies:
Senior Economic Specialist
As per NTA salary scale
ABOUT THE MINISTRY OF MINES AND PETROLEUM:
The Turkmenistan- Afghanistan- Pakistan- India Natural Gas Pipeline (TAPI) project aims to export up to 33 billion cubic meters of natural gas per year through, a proposed, approximately 1,814 km pipeline from Turkmenistan to Afghanistan, Pakistan and India.
The Afghan Ministry of Mines and Petroleum of Afghanistan is in charge of managing and coordinating project-related activities among stakeholders within Afghanistan. The TAPI Project Coordination Directorate was established under the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum in 2016 and is tasked with working as a management, cooperating, and coordination body between the government of Afghanistan, the TAPI Pipeline Company Limited (TPCL), and other stakeholders of the TAPI project.
The ministry of mines and petroleum collaborates closely with all stakeholders to expedite and pave the way for improved coordination of TAPI activities within Afghanistan, as well as to represent Afghanistan at TAPI project stakeholders' meetings. Furthermore, the ministry acts as a single point of contact for managing, coordinating, reporting, and collaborating with stakeholders on TAPI project-related issues.
The Senior Economic Specialist must have sufficient knowledge to analyze and conduct research on economic matters related to the project; the ability to gather and analyze economic data and present solutions on the TAPI director's request; the ability to follow up on related tasks with relevant government entities; the ability to plan, coordinate, and expedite project work; and the ability to write memos on various technical aspects (economic area) of the TAPI Pipeline.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Senior Economic Specialist will be responsible for assisting TAPI coordination Director and Afghanistan’s team of TAPI, at minimum level performs the following duties:
- Analyzes and reports on economic and social context developments in accordance with the mandate and action plan of TAPI Coordination directorate.
- Establishes and maintains close contacts on economic issues with relevant governmental entities and participates in economic meetings.
- Maintains contact and exchanges information with stakeholders of TAPI Project.
- Prepares reports on economic issues to foster discussion around TAPI on economic problems of Afghanistan and shareholders and potential consequences.
- Facilitates contacts and promotes information exchange on economic issues with provincial authorities, universities, research institutions and NGO's.
- Assists in arranging TAPI events, seminars or conferences and visits to the area by TAPI delegations, as well as other events with TAPI participation.
- Recording and keeping confidential all the documents, information and issues of the TAPI Coordination Office.
- Performs other related duties as required or given by supervisor.
REQUIREMENT AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- The candidate shall have a bachelor degree in economic or related field. Preference will be given to the candidates with higher degree.
- The candidate shall not have less than 5 years’ experience of working in related field. Preference will be given to the candidates with additional years of experience.
- High command in written and spoken Pashto/Dari and English languages.
- Competency with MS-Office packages such as Word, Excel, outlook and PowerPoint.
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to the email address below not later than 01/03/ 2023 at 16:00pm. Please write in subject line: “Economic Specialist, TAPI Project, MoMP”.
Note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.