Technical Mining Expert
د ختمیدو تاریخ
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP):
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment. It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
Technical Mining Expert is responsible to Provide technical support and advice to the Directorate General of Large Scale Mines (DGLSM) to enable the preparation of tendering documents (EoIs, PQQ and NDA). Provide facilitation in Preparation of geological data to bidders
Requires travel to provinces:
• Excellent analytical skills and the ability to summarize disparate information in a clear and concise manner
• Ability to create organizational work plans based on higher-level goals
• Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated experience in the use of training and information dissemination to transfer concepts and skills in the public and private sectors
· Self-motivating, reliable, consistent and mature approach to work
· Able to work independently and in teams Self-motivated with a drive for results, improvement and innovation
· Able to produce reports and other standards documents up to a professional standard Fluency in English (written and spoken), Pashto and Dari, local language proficiency is desirable
· S/he must be well versed in MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint and etc.
· Good communication skills
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Make recommendations to the Director on potential large-scale deposits that may be considered for international tender.
· Provide reports, information and advice to the Tendering Directorate to enable the preparation of tendering documents, when required
· Ensure that data entered into database is accurate and consistent.
· Technical data analysis of Large Scale Mines Projects, and generate a comprehensive report.
· Create and manage the process for project development and launching the tenders for large scale Mineral Projects
· Assessment of EoIs, RFPs, PQQ sand proposals (from technical point of view) in full compliance with Minerals Law, Regulations of Mineral Processing.
· Actively work to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders including government agencies, regional bodies, key industries and business organizations.
· Provide technical assistance to the negotiation team in order to protect the interests of GoIRA.
· Any other activities as assigned by supervisor according to laws and regulations
* Monthly activity report to the Directorate General of Large Scale Mines (DGLSM)
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Suitable candidates will possess the following qualifications and experience A bachelor degree in Mining Engineering or related field with 5 years of relevant working experience.
Technical Mining Expert
Expressions of interest (including CV and three references in word file) should be sent to the email address below by no later than March 02, 2020 at 16:00 hrs.
Applicants must mention below reference in the subject line of their emails if not the candidate application will not be consider.
MoMP/PSU/DGLSM-Technical Mining Expert
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, Program Support Unit (PSU)
Attention: Development Projects HR Unit 4th floor Main Building Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP) at Abdul Haq Square
Shafiqur Rahman Qaseri, Projects HR Coordinator
Contact Number: 93 (0) 783130104