Audit Services to Resolve the Discrepancies of the AEITI 3rd, 4th & 5th Reconciliation Reports
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – FIRMS SELECTION)
Project Name: Afghanistan Gas Project (AGASP)
Project ID: P172109
Grant No.: D5210-AF
Assignment Title: Audit Services to Resolve the Discrepancies of the AEITI 3rd, 4th & 5th Reconciliation Reports
Reference No: AF-AEITI-144016-CS-CQS
Contract Duration: 2/months
The Ministry of Mines & Petroleum has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Afghanistan Gas Project, (AGASP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include The independent audit firm will resolve the discrepancies and reconcile all material payments made by relevant extractive companies and revenues received by the government for the years (1390) -( 1391- 1392) -(1393-1394) (Fiscal Years) respectively.to be completed within 2 months after the contract signing.
- Independently review and assess the effectiveness of this work. Building on the findings from 2017 Validations, the consultant should assess the extent to which EITI Reports prepared in accordance with the standard terms of reference for Independent Administrators ensures comprehensive and reliable data.
- Identify opportunities to promote the disclosure of comprehensive and reliable data through systematic disclosure. In doing so, the consultant should evaluate the EITI’s current focus on comprehensive reconciliation and the clarification of discrepancies.
resolve the discrepancies between the payments received by the governments from the extractive industries, and the extractive industries reports; by reviewing the reconciliation reports prepared from the years (1390) -(1391- 1392) -(1393-1394) by Hart Group UK and physically review of record at the relevant institutions.
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment are attached to this request for expressions of interest.
The Ministry of Mines & Petroleum now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The Consultant should be registered legal entity and should have a business in providing Consultancy Services of similar or related assignments (The consultant is required to provide the Copy of Certificate of Incorporation issued by the relevant authority in the country of establishment)
The shortlisting criteria are:
- Experience in auditing EITI reports or similar reports in extractive and financial sectors is desirable.
- Working knowledge of legal, regulatory and fiscal legislation applicable to the extractive industries, especially in Afghanistan and other countries in the region is desirable.
- Minimum of Five years of working experience in the field of accounting, auditing and financial analysis.
- Having international auditing system experience is must.
- The Consultant shall demonstrate having sound financial standing by submitting audited financial reports or any other credible financial documents for the last 5 years, where the consultant’s turnover for any of the last 5 years should be USD 30,000 (Thirty Thousand US Dollar
The Expression of Interest shall be in English language.
Key Experts will not be evaluated at the shortlisting stage
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016 revised Nov 2017 & August 2018 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Guidance Note for JV and Sub-Consultants:
Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance their qualifications, but should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a joint venture and/or a sub-consultancy. In the case of a joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected &.
- In case of JV, both the lead and partners shall meet all the requirement indicated above.
- In case of Consultant who intends to associate with other firm(s) in the form of a sub consultancy, the lead partner shall provide valid reason for proposing a sub-consultant.
Note: The Consultant should explain the exact role played by the Consultant in the assignment if the assignment was carried out in association/sub-consultancy with other firms as JV
Method of Selection
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the CQS method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
Submission of EOI
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours. 0800 to 15:00 hours.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by e-mail) by 03-March-2020, at 3:00 PM Kabul local time
Ministry of Mines & Petroleum
Attn: Dr. M.Nasim Karimy
Shaheed Abdul Haq square, Kabul, Afghanistan
Tel: +93 (0) 79 874 0538, 799 671442