Senior Planning and Monitoring Specialist (SPMS)
Department/Administration: Ministry of Mines and Petroleum
Close date 21/08/2023
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment. It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and accountable good planning and monitoring system.
Scope of Work:
Analysis and review of the priorities and short-term and long-term plans of the mining sector, supervision of development projects and providing economic and professional advice according to the policies of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum for the effectiveness of the General Department of Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation.
The Senior Planning and Monitoring Specialist must have sufficient knowledge to analyze and monitor well on planning matters related to the programs/project; the ability to gather and analyze data and present solutions on the DG Plan, Monitoring and Evaluation director's request; the ability to follow up on related tasks with other relevant departments and government entities; the ability to plan, coordinate, and expedite directorate works.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Planning and Monitoring Specialist will be responsible for assisting Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Director through the performance of the following main tasks:
- The senior planning and Monitoring Specialist will be responsible for mining sector L.M.S plans and monitor the timely preparation, implementation the General MoMP plans.
- Study, analyze, research and provide feedback on roadmap documents and strategic plans for the mining sector.
- Providing necessary advice to the General Directorate on the better planning, arrangement and development of mining sector priorities and other programs.
- Better supervision of mining development projects and programs and diagnosis of deficiencies, problems and obtaining appropriate solutions, so that mining projects can be implemented in time and effectively according to planned plans and project deviations.
- Provide necessary advice for the bidding process for large, small mining projects and other bidding programs and monitor and evaluate these meetings.
- To propose plans and policies on the economic development of the mining sector and effectively monitor their implementation.
- Any other relevant task, given by the Directorate General for Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation.
Requirement and Qualification:
- Master’s degree in economics, business administration or related field.
- A minimum experience of 3 years’ for master & 5 year for bachelor.
- strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills.
- Fluent in written and spoken Pashto/Dari and English languages.
- Strong Office packages skills such as Word, Excel, outlook and PowerPoin.
- Strong Analytical skills.
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to the email address below not later than 21/08 2023 at 16:00pm. Please write in subject line: “Senior Planning and Monitoring Specialist, MoMP”.
Note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.